Credentials are important
I am a registered and endorsed Counselling Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Board. This ensures I meet specified standards of competence and ethical practice, and meet strict guidelines for professional conduct that cover client privacy and confidentiality.
I am a member of the APS (Australian Psychological Society).
I am member of the APS College of Counselling Psychologists. Membership of the APS College of Counselling Psychologists is restricted to psychologists who have completed specialised training and have experience in the field.
I am a Clinical Sexologist, Relationship Therapist and a Professionally Accredited Member of the Society of Australian Sexologists (SAS).
- Constructive self-criticism, self-improvement, and personal excellence.
- Being a trendsetter with technology. I believe I am the first psychologist and sexologist in Australia to develop a unique app for the iPad in collaboration with Swinburne University of Technology, ‘Parents, Tweens & Sex’.
- My contribution to my professional associations via involvement in committees, supervision and training. I have been recognised on the honour board of the Mental Health Professional Network in my long term capacity as network coordinator.
- My continued consultancy to the national media to educate the public in psychosocial and psychosexual issues.
- Volunteering. My history has included community groups; charities, school councils and parent associations.
- Leading by example and ‘giving back’ to society by conducting a mentoring program for psychology students.
- Giving a voice to others. My first book ‘Give it a Go Girl!’ profiled girls struggling with transition into secondary school.
- Reducing my environmental footprint and by designing my professional rooms to reflect that goal.